Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: devaux parts and parts car wanted

Doesn't Gary Y know of a parts car in Canada ? Seems to me he's mentioned it before.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 sedan

hello norm
I believe gary bought it and is using the parts,someone claimed the motor
gary said not much left, dave

Where Are You From? SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DEVAUX COUPE

It was a thought, Dave. Gary said he found a De Vaux in Alberta but we never heard anything more on it. Was hoping to add it to the Registry. Maybe same car ???

hello norm it could very well be,ive got a line on a devaux that was made into a truck years ago maybe it will surface,i believe theres more devauxs out there than what we know of, will keep everyone posted,i figure if I find one ill use what I need and maybe the extra parts will help someone else with theres, dave

Hi Norm and Dave: The ones in Canada are in my picture "Rusting DeVaux's There were actually 3. He took one (the Pollard collection car) all apart. He wants to end up with 2 complete. Tell me what parts you need and I will again try to contact him.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I need a frt bumper and a coupe rear bumper with rear mounted spare tire,i believe the frt bumper is the same as 31 chevy, also I only have one fender light for the 32 but I don't think ill find that im sure theres a lot of parts ill be needing for the 2 cars but for now I cant remember

Dave looking in search the 31 Chevy has twin bar bumpers like the 1931 Chev canopy express truck I owned in the 60's Looking at 32 Chevy with single bar bumpers, they seem to mirror the De Vaux ones.

I think yourn right norm,that will probably be a lot easier to find than an original devaux bumper,the rear is going to be a challenge,on the coupe with rear mounted spare its a long almost half round type bumper,ill keep looking I know something will pop up,got another line on a parts car in mass along ways to go for a parts car but who knows dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club