Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New find

Glad you came over to dmac forum. I saw you post on aaca forum. I did post a picture of my car on that site. Could you do us a favor and if you find the information of that car could you click on our "contact us" and give the name of person to our flint representive. Thanks and welcome. If you need any information on flints we can help you.

Where Are You From? calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint / 1927 locomobile

Mike .. I have sent an email to Craig asking for the info on the Flint. Terje may have already asked but notified him also, since Craig's addy is part of the AACA forum.

Brian is already a member of DMAC with a 1929 Durant and just posted the info for us.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 sedan

I should have read the AACA item more carefully. Craig's mother has been a DMAC member for years he said. Sure enough Glenda Mowry of NM owns a 1924 Flint touring in the Roster, which gives her address and phone number in NM.

Google search gave full name, address, and phone number for Craig W Mowry in NM.

As far as I can tell neither Terry's or Steve's Registry's have any info on the car, which I have asked for. Terje is also interested in the info.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 sedan

Tis the season for Flints! I was contacted the other day about a 1924 Flint E55 that will be for sale after October here in Florida. I'll try to check it out in October before it goes on sale.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

I wonder if this is the same flint that was in Minnesota that went to Florida last summer? It was listed as a 1923 flint then? Numbers from car put it a 1924. There was a 1919 Dort for sale also. we will see

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint/1927 locomobile

Hey Mike
Not sure but I spoke to the owner about a year ago and he said he bought the Flint in Michigan only because he liked the cars lines. He said he was really a Buick Olds Pontiac man and had a 1930 to 32 early V8 Pontiac. Lives down in Sebring, Florida area and left a message on my voice mail that he was entering it in the Lakeland, Florida Concours in October then would sell it. I'll try to give him a call this week and talk to him again about it.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan from Elizabeth, NJ Plant

If it's the car I think it is it's a real beauty!

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? Proudly

I knew I saw the car from that region. It is red and white top with grey disc wheels. Its a true touring with a 2 spare tire rack on back. Also, had brown leather interior. I corresponded with him last year and it was listed as a model 65. This fella also had a 1919 Dort with medium blue body and black fenders ect.. see if this is the car.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 flint/1927 locomobile

I have recently purchased a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr. # 234 and have discovered a picture of the car comes up on almost every site I have clicked on as an example of a Jr. in my search to obtain additional information concerning them. The car has been in a ten year storage situation after the previous fifty year plus owner was unable to finish the restoration to completion. I am starting to wonder if I have purchased the wrong car to try and restore along with beginning to think I may have the only one left in existance. If anyone could direct me to a site, provide me with any photos, manuals etc. that could help out it would be highly appreciated. If you find a picture of a Z18 Jr. with black fenders plus black from the belt line up with a light gray body color in between that is mine and to my dismay would not provide any additional help.
Thanks in advance.
Roger

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

I forgot to list my phone number and Email address if anyone wants to contact me. I stay up until mid-night central standard time. They are as follows ( 515 ) 233-2076 stillamcruisin@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Roger

Where Are You From? Ames, IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes a 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

I did on your other DMAC postings under General Discussion Forum "torqueing chart"

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

Pretty sure I have the last surviving Flint Z18 Jr. in existence. I purchased the car after most of the restoration had been completed but it's still needing all new wiring and interior. I am 75 and was looking for a quick project as I was wanting a car to drive not have a long term project and doing a restoration on this car is seeming like it could take more time than I had originally thought in order to do it properly as the car deserves to be done. Options sell it to preserve it seeming it's as rare as it appears to be or plan B ( the direction I am leaning towards ) cut it up and turn it into one unique street rod.

Where Are You From? Ames,IA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes. 1926 Flint Z18 Jr.

Well hopefully you will sell to preserve its history and uniqueness, not destroy it for all time. That would just make one less of the three 1926 Z-18 (Jr) still surviving. You even say it deserves to be preserved.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club