Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Windshield visor and split rim locks

I haven't been able to post a picture on this forum but I put one on my blog at www.jimmys-durant.com. Go to front page, click more and click clincher picture. That is what I need. Any help is much appreciated.
Jim

Where Are You From? Lombardy Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D40

Re: Windshield visor and split rim locks

Hi Jim .. just as I said you are looking for the split rim clamping part. This type the clamp goes over the raised part then held in place by sliding the lock over it. One of the rim bolts goes though here to stop the rim turning to shear off the valve stem when you apply the brakes. The 614 is the same idea with wood spoke wheel but nothing 1930 fits 29 and prior and vice versa other than tires / tubes and bee hive taillight. Not even the lugs.

Have another idea who might know here where to find the split rims same as on his 60.

Photobucket is a real pain now to use but I managed after 5 min to get this to post for you.

photo i286541539306532108__szw480h1280_.jpg

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club