Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Patterns for an M2 wood framing for car roof

Ken:
I just finished the wooden roof structure on my 1929 D 40. I believe that it is similar to mine. I could not find a pattern so used a series of pictures that I got from Facebook to guide me. I have a set of pictures that I think I could send you if you give me an email address. You can see what I did on my blog at www.jimmys-durant.com. The roof turned out quite well. I made one error in not using heavy enough wood to make my roof slats. I will compensate by covering it with sheet metal before putting on the under-pad and vinyl. If I can be of help let me know at jcmc_2@sympatico.ca. Good luck. Jim

Where Are You From? Lombardy, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D 40

Re: Patterns for an M2 wood framing for car roof

Hi Ken,

Just wondering if the upper wood structure and the rear window framing and jointery on an M-2/M-4 Coupe would have any similarity as your M-2 sedan? The sedan of coarse would have a center mortase for the door pillars and longer top rails.

photo 3f7ad2b9-4e3a-4eb3-9fc5-5defb0ddd8e7_zps6ecf3a81.jpg

photo 32a4e31f-d84d-40cb-a42d-376b288ba2f5_zpse71536bd.jpg

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club