Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patterns for an M2 wood framing for car roof

Looking for roof wood patterns if available , pictures or any information that could be helpful. Trying to restore to original condition, the roof has been modified in past so I have no useful wood pattern. This M2 4 door has what some call a leather back rear roof the back window and rear sides are in vinyl and I believe originally there was a S shaped ornamental irons installed on the rear sides( not sure of their proper name). Any information will be helpful.
Thanks
Ken Redden

Where Are You From? Berwick Nova Scotia Canada B0P1E0

Do You own a car built by Durant? M2 4 door sedan 1928 Durant built at Leeside plant Ontario Canada

Re: Patterns for an M2 wood framing for car roof

Ken:
I just finished the wooden roof structure on my 1929 D 40. I believe that it is similar to mine. I could not find a pattern so used a series of pictures that I got from Facebook to guide me. I have a set of pictures that I think I could send you if you give me an email address. You can see what I did on my blog at www.jimmys-durant.com. The roof turned out quite well. I made one error in not using heavy enough wood to make my roof slats. I will compensate by covering it with sheet metal before putting on the under-pad and vinyl. If I can be of help let me know at jcmc_2@sympatico.ca. Good luck. Jim

Where Are You From? Lombardy, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D 40

Re: Patterns for an M2 wood framing for car roof

Hi Ken,

Just wondering if the upper wood structure and the rear window framing and jointery on an M-2/M-4 Coupe would have any similarity as your M-2 sedan? The sedan of coarse would have a center mortase for the door pillars and longer top rails.

photo 3f7ad2b9-4e3a-4eb3-9fc5-5defb0ddd8e7_zps6ecf3a81.jpg

photo 32a4e31f-d84d-40cb-a42d-376b288ba2f5_zpse71536bd.jpg

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '25 Flint H-40 2door / '25 B-40 Touring / '29 D-40 Coupe / '23 A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club