Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for a radiator

Hello folks: I recently returned home from a three Iraq tour as many of us coming home I got diagnosed with PTSD.I don't like the medication so I am restoring this truck as therapy along with some meds. I had never heard of the Durant enterprise as he pursued the American dream. This truck was found in a Kansas barn the original owner a farmer made the conversion to deliver supplies from his general store he had. I also found a glass mason jar with the 1923 Star repair manual and a picture of the farmer next to the truck. I plan to keep it as original as I can but looks like the radiator has been patched way to many times, so I am looking for a 1923 Star model C 4 cylinder radiator. I realize that it would be like a needle in a haystack but I am willing to take a shot at it. I plan to become a member of this great website soon. in the meantime you can call me @ (812)528-4566 or my face book page
Joseph Arevalos you will be able distinguish my picture it's a sunset background with silhouette of my battle buddies. Thank you all very much!

Where Are You From? South Carolina originally from Pine Ridge reservation South Dakota

Do You own a car built by Durant? I have 1923 truck conversion from a 1923 delux touring car, done by the original owner in the 1930's

Re: looking for a radiator

Hi Joe:
Sorry i don't have what you need but I did want to say thanks for serving our country. I tried to enlist in air force back in 1968 but was turned down at my physical so I never got the chance but that does not mean I don't love my country. Anyways hope you recover and live a long and prosperous life. And good luck with the truck.

Where Are You From? Washington state

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2

Thanks for serving Joe, and welcome home.
Art Lloyd
U S Army 1953

Where Are You From? Union,NJ

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930-614

Thank you Art...Thank you for serving We serve the best country in the world!!

Where Are You From? South Carolina originally from Pine Ridge reservation South Dakota

Do You own a car built by Durant? I have 1923 truck conversion from a 1923 delux touring car, done by the original owner in the 1930's

Well shoot... I have an extra radiator. I was keeping it as a spare , but if that's all that's keeping you from getting your Estella back to running, I shall have to give it up . I look forward to talking more with you and seeing pics.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 star sedan model c

I Can't. Find the radiator at this time. I will keep looking , but want to post in case somebody else has one available too. 1923 radiator are not easy to find but they do show up. Let's work together and help Joe find a part for his truck.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 star sedan model c

Thank you all for such great response and concern to my search on the 1923 star radiator. I won't mention names of those who offered options and ideas, I don't wantto leave no one out with my memory the way it is. I was offered several radiators but most needed repaired in one form or another. and the shipping is costly, so I took the nearest one to my address. You all are a fine group and you make me proud of serving the greatest country in the world. Thank you and God Bless America!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club