Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Durant Frontenac Motors

Hi Ken .. you beat me by 3 years . I have 1935 US and Can one plus other US ones, and use the Can one helping out folks. Ours is much more detailed. Can one has two pages on headlights, cowl / fender lights, taillights for each model and part numbers. The 1938 Can one we both have is a lot less on that and one page. US 1935 one for cowl / taillights says page 22 which has one line each telling you nothing. Doesn't even mention fender lights, nor does it mention headlights at all. Much the same for carb info US etc.

Since Leaside ones only deal with Can models its easy to add in the US models like 610, 612, 619 helping folks, as those used common parts like W8 in 610, 22A in 612 / 619, fenders rad shells etc. Have to remember though we used some different parts to US. The one that stands out to me is the all red beehive taillight used in some pre 1930 vehicles US but more here. Box often on eBay mentions the other makes that used the lense but says 65 and 1931 Durant. 1930 US used an orange and red taillight but here 1930 to 1932 all used the full red one Durant / Rugby / Frontenac. US 1931 at Lansing.

US has the winter front for rads which was not even an option up here in the land of ice and snow

Very useful Can catalogues to know what other models used same parts or if exclusive to one model.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club