Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spring shackle, left rear spring shackle/bumper bracket

I need one front spring shackle, the one in the centre of the car and the right rear spring shackle and bumper bracket for a 1929 Durant 40. I also need the spring bushing with the cone shaped ends for the front spring.

Where Are You From? Lombardy, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D 40

Re: spring shackle, left rear spring shackle/bumper bracket

Mr. Jim C.

What is the center to center measure of the front spring shackles or any spring shackles your seeking? And any other design notations of type and design .
Not being a super intense Durant fanatic myself ,it doesn't take long for even a passer by in Durant cars to learn of the HUGE amount of anomalies and carry overs(and pre production of new model parts introduced ) in the Durant products manufacture.
I have 23 Star with some extra (known to be ?) '23 parts and many of the parts though interchangeable are not identical..like a spring shackle that is 1/2" shorter center to center and brake levers on the rear axle 1" longer.
Excuse me but "WTF"(what the Fxxk!) is up with that !

Regards D.M.S.

Where Are You From? Ct

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club