Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1923 Flint E55, 1920 Dort 15

We have 2 Durant ere cars for sale from the Estate of John Bourbeau, John owned the building (Plant 6 Dort Motor Company) on water street in Flint MI Home of the Flint Dort and many other cars originally horse drawn carts as well as the birth of GM, the family wants to sell these cars to someone who would love them like John did, the prices are fair and they will entertain offers...

Where Are You From? Flint Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, an Estate

Re: 1923 Flint E55, 1920 Dort 15

Is there a site to see the cars etc in this estate ?

We are interested in the E55 Flint for its details to add to the Registry of all existing vehicles, world wide, connected to Billy Durant 1921 - 1934. Doesn't appear we have this one.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

These cars can be seen on Craigslist Detroit Metro -Grand Rapids-Flint Mi or E Bay Motors

Where Are You From? Flint MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? No Estate cars

Ah yes the Ford Flint on eBay and Utube corrected to Flint the 3rd time round. Its also in http://www.allcollectorcars.com/ for $42,000 and in http://www.selectvehiclemarketing.com/For-Sale?showroom=_specials for $27,000

Dort I found using search http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5239621593.html and have passed that on to the Dort folks in Canada.

Thanks Norm, Not many know that Mr. Durant was very close to owning Ford but the investors held back....For Flint not too far fetched considering the 2700 car brands.....

Where Are You From? Flint,MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? No/Estate cars

True ... Henry was on shaky legs right from day one going back before the first Model A Ford with Caddy body and Dodge engine. Both the Caddy and Ford were called Model A.

Cadillac was formed from the remnants of the Henry Ford Company. After a dispute between Henry Ford and his investors, Ford left the company along with several of his key partners in March 1902. Ford's financial backers William Murphy and Lemuel Bowen called in engineer Henry M. Leland of Leland & Faulconer Manufacturing Company to appraise the plant and equipment in preparation for liquidating the company's assets. Instead, Leland persuaded the pair to continue manufacturing automobiles using Leland's proven single-cylinder engine. A new company called the Cadillac Automobile Company was established on 22 August 1902. It was named after French explorer Antoine Laumet de La Mothe, sieur de Cadillac, who founded Detroit in 1701. Cadillac's first automobiles, the Runabout and Tonneau, were completed in October 1902. They were two-seat horseless carriages powered by a 10 hp (7 kW) single-cylinder engine. They were practically identical to the 1903 Ford Model A.

Henry Ford's first attempt at a car company under his own name was the Henry Ford Company on November 3, 1901, which became the Cadillac Motor Company on August 22, 1902, after Ford left with the rights to his name. The Ford Motor Company was launched in a converted factory in 1903.

Ironically Billy did get part of Ford when the remains of Henry Ford Co became Caddy and Caddy was bought 1909 as part of GM.

Be interesting to see what it would be like without any Fix Or Repair Daily or Found On Road Dead ... had Billy gotten Ford to add to GM.

Yes Sir, Walter Chrysler called him one of the best he had ever seen, and Walter was no flash in the pan either, Nash also played a part, his home is about a hundred yards from plant 6 of the Durant/Dort Factory and just across the street from the cart factory office, 316 Water St....love the cars, but the people are of more interest to me, I hope future generations keep them running and on the road...thank you for the history, good to know

Where Are You From? Flint,MI

Do You own a car built by Durant? no estate cars

If these cars are still available, I would like to arrange a meeting.

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 star sedan

Hi Debbie, got your request and replied to you, I would need the date and time to arrange viewing, the building, Dort plant 6 on Water st. in Flint, Michigan has been purchased by investor/developer so I had to move the cars.,just a few blocks from the building but Secured...

Where Are You From? Flint, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? No/ Estate cars

Dan:
I talked to you today on the cars. My e-mail is garyyelle@msn.com.

Thanks

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club