Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In search of a motor for a 1930 Durant

I'm looking for a motor for a 1930 Durant model 614. I can be reached at rescue7414@aol.com. From NJ but willing to pick up or have shipped.

Where Are You From? NJ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: In search of a motor for a 1930 Durant

Noted you were after the motor in Que which was / is ? a W8 4 cyl.

You are looking for a 22A 6 cyl for a 1930 614. Used in 611, 612, 614, 615, 616, 618, 619 Durant 1930 - 32 and E618, E670 Frontenac 1931 - 32.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Tom -I have a "spare" 22A for the 6-14. It has been disassembled, has new pistons from Egge in California, the new babbit has been poured for the crank bearings, but not machined. The bell housing has been cleaned and is in primer, the head has been cleaned and crack tested. In other words some work has been done but not reassembled. It might be missing the camshaft(not sure how that happened). No idea what to price it at and I know it couldn't be much further away and still be in the US. But if you want to talk about it let me know. I can haul it out and take some pictures and see exactly what I have if you are interested. Ross

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Hi Ross

We may be interested. Could I bother you for some pictures? And how much would you be looking for?

Thanks

Tom

Where Are You From? NJ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I have a spare w5 engine in known condition

Where Are You From? Ontario canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1926 star 4

The Durant Motors Automobile Club