Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post 1923 transmission available Star Durant Rugby

I have a spare Durant or product of, transmission that was included with a teased out '23 Star we just acquired. It's not for the '23.
It has a very tall shift tower with open socket frame and long shift lever .
I think a 3 bolt or stud frame mount on front and the hanger on the tail.
It has the coupling to the clutch shaft still attached which is not the flat 2 piece crude clamshell affair of the early Star but a nicer round aluminum connection spaced with 2 round drums on each end with flanges on each end. There is a built in speedometer drive . I can sent pictures as you require or inspect other details .It's greasy dirty and some rusty.
We have a late spare Rugby engine w5 that it maybe from? 1929ish? #(554827)

$25.00 plus shipping.. I will drain the oil and remove shift tower for more compact packing if and when or pick it up.

I'm on the look out for good distributors and it's 3 hole mount housing for W4/W5 engine.. Original parts , later model ,updated, repro or suitable replacements
that will work well on a stock W4 motor.

EMail ctplayerpiano@aol.com or call landline 203-596-8128.

Where Are You From? Waterbury Connecticut

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Model C touring car

Re: Post 1923 transmission available Star Durant Rugby

NO longer available.
Thank you.

Where Are You From? Waterbury Connecticut

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Model C touring car

The Durant Motors Automobile Club