Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Barn Find 1924 Star for sale

A friend has a 1924 Star he needs to sell. It's been sitting under a tarp outdoors for years, on blocks. Send me an email (reffish4@yahoo.com) if you are interested, or if you know anyone who could give it a good home.

Where Are You From? Walnut Creek, CA

Re: Barn Find 1924 Star for sale

It would be great to see some photos to show the condition of the car. Does it run and move on its own?

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I'll email you some photos. I don't want to try the photobucket route now.
The truck ran when it was put up on blocks and has been started several times since then. Now the distributor has been taken apart.

Where Are You From? Walnut Creek, CA

Why was the distributor taken apart? Is someone going to put it back together?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

I would possibly be interested in buying everything. Hopefully a 4 that would be compatible with my 1923 sedan .

Where Are You From? Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C sedan

I think the responsible Estate Sale company (Ciao Bella Estate Sales) is now accepting bids. I have heard "sealed bids" but I haven't heard that there is a bid opening date. I have also heard about "sales by appointment" or by long distance. Here is a website URL to check.

http://estatesales.org/estate-sale-companies/4959

Or google "ciao bella estates aeronautic". I heard that the sale dates on the website may not be real.
If you have trouble, I can help contact them. There are a couple photos on their website. I could email a couple more if you want.

Chris
reffish4@yahoo.com

Where Are You From? California

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Well, that's a sad little puppy, but it is a '24 with a W4 engine. Looks like a chopped up conversion to a pickup at one time. Not much left except a few parts. If I were in the area, I might give 500 for it.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tx

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Looks like second frame / springs / axles in another pic and a stripped block in another.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Might want to send in Mike & Frank, Danielle too. No not that Mike and Frank from DMAC, from American Pickers. Better yet, Sanford & Son.

Where Are You From? Oro, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I've given more for for less. But then, anything Durant is scarce in my neighborhood...

Wish I was closer!

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A22 Touring, 1924 Star 'project'

Re: Barn Find 1924 Star for sale now just the engine

I got back from a month out of town and found out that the estate sale company sold the 1924 Star pickup conversion to someone in Southern Calif for "yard art". They hauled it away but left the engine behind. It will go for scrap in a couple days unless someone wants it. email me if interested. Chris Cain = reffish4@yahoo.com

Where Are You From? Walnut Creek CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

The Durant Motors Automobile Club