Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gas or rad cap

I have a very old cap which says durant on it. Looks like a gas or rad cap perhaps. If anyone is interested send an email
Thanks

Where Are You From? Toronto

Re: Gas or rad cap

Scott-your e-mail kicks back as NG. Can you post a photo? Phil

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 60

Phil ... appears Scott's Hotmail addy should be .com or .ca. Never seen one with .cpm before. Wonder if it should be .com ?

Yes a pic of the cap would help, if Durant name was ever in or on a cap, other than a D on gas cap.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

I have seen pictures of the item in question and it's a hubcap from I believe a 1919 Durant. It's the larger style cap with DURANT written in block letters in a light across the center.

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

Todd,
Don't you mean 1929 Durant instead of 1919.

Yates

Where Are You From? Newport, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

Ha ha 1928 and 29 6 cyl style cap then ..

You would have to check the hub opening to see if 28 / 29 or a 30. Same cap design used but bigger hub opening. 1930 could be the chromed brass block letter or the aluminum with shield style. They did the same with the wire wheel caps 1930 and three different ones. Dished with block Durant across, dished with shield and round edged with shield.
From observation the round edged ones were used early 1930 on 5 bolt wires that had the lock rings. 1930 - 32 six bolt used on normal wires and dished type caps.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Yes, 29. Caught me in a hurry!

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club