Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Windshield Molding Needed.

Hi All,

Needing windshield molding for my model 40 coupe and am wondering what others are using for this molding? The windshield has like a "T" slot around the parimeter that the molding would slide into, I think that just about any 1928-1929 model closed cars would probably use the same molding....On my earlier touring car the 1" T molding worked great but don't think it will work on the closed cars.....Thanks

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Re: Windshield Molding Needed.

Check with Phil Peters in Portland. He and I were just exchanging emails about windshield moldings and since he has a 29 he probably has the info you need.

Where Are You From? Auburn/Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1930

Thanks Bob,

Yes, I have been in contact with Phil about the Windshield Molding and have Ordered 35 feet of the molding...Shortly after Thanksgiving I should recieve the molding and will make certain that all is well with the product....This molding should fit all Durant 1928 and 1929 models of closed cars, Cabrolets, and trucks.

This molding was featured years ago in "The Old Parts Man" in an issue of Durant's Standard....The company is still in buisness and still have the mold.

WEFCO Rubber Mfg. Co.,Inc.
21000 Osborne St. Unit 2
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Phone: 818-886-8875
www.wefcorubber.com

I am sure others will be in need of this molding so here are the particulars:

It looks like Wefco's part #835 is an exact match...It takes 7 feet of molding per windshield, Wefco has a minimum charge of $50.00 to cover set-up...
The price I was qoted is as follows: 7 feet would be $7.00 per foot plus shipping, If you were to order 28 feet or more (enough for 4 windshields)their cost per foot would drop to $3.00 per foot plus shipping.

Bill

I should have posted the Wefoc's catalogue page showing item #835 which is 3rd from last.

photo ec783368-c738-4419-8c05-dcbe17c9b3a8_zpsed31c25f.jpg

WOW, I ordered this molding on Monday and Wednesday it was setting on my doorstep....It looks good and fits perfictly....Most of this order is spoken for but I do have enough extra for one or possably two windshields if someone is in need....(I am wondering if this stuff will fit the later Star closed cars?)

Phil Peters, Thanks for the Heads-up on this source...The company and the people are a great bunch.

Bill

The Durant Motors Automobile Club