Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted: two 20 inch diameter 4-bolt rims

I'm restoring a 1925 Star that has 20" disk wheels with 4-bolt demountable rims. The bolt spacing across the diameter of the rims is 18". Unfortunately, two of the rims are so rusted they look like swiss cheese.

I recently attended a nearby farm auction and mistakenly purchased four 4-bolt demountable rims for 21" wheels (one has a useable 21" tire/tube that holds air). The bolt spacing across the diameter of these rims is 19". I also have one 21" wood spoke wheel, minus the rim (the spokes are in good shape).

I would like to trade my four 21" 4-bolt demountable rims, one useable 21" tire/tube, and one 21" wood spoke wheel for two 20" 4-bolt demountable rims (the bolt spacing across the diameter of the rims must be 18"). I also need two 20" tires (they should look presentable, but need not hold air because my Star is for display only).

Please phone or text me at (208) 301-8436 or contact me on this website.

Thanks,
Dave

Where Are You From? Troy, Idaho

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star 4-door sedan

Re: Wanted: two 20 inch diameter 4-bolt rims

Here\'s a photograph of what David needs.

EdAbbey2 photo edabbey2.jpg

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Wanted: two 20 inch diameter 4-bolt rims

Mike,
Thanks for posting my photo. However, the four rims in the photo are the 21" rims that I would like to trade for two 20" rims and two 20" tires.
Sincerely,
David Egolf

Where Are You From? Troy, Idaho

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star 4-door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club