Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rumble Seat /Help Needed

Hello,

My Dad has a 1927 Star Roadster that he bought when he was 17 and drove it for years, until he parked it in a garage about 30 years ago. He's 77 now wants to get it back out and on the street, that's where all of you come in.

I'm his daughter and have hounded him forever to do something with it, so now I'm needing your help. The car is complete other than the Rumble Seat is missing, does anyone know where I could start digging to find one?

Plus, a few other issues I could use some help with...
We believe that most of the woodwork is in good shape, but I'm sure that we'll find some issues. He painted the wooden spokes when he was a kid and we think that probable helped preserve them, but the rims have been egged out some.

Any help would greatly appreciated
Cindy

Where Are You From? Idaho

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Rumble Seat /Help Needed

Hello Cindy!
I hope you have better luck than I have. I have been looking for that same seat for over a year!
I can't even get anyone to post photos of the seat and mechanisms.
So far it looks like a 1928 Ford seat will work but need more info to be sure.
Nice to know someone with the same vehicle.

I'll be watching this post!

Bill

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Six Roadster & Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club