Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor wanted for a W5

I received this mail and perhaps someone has an extra distributor for a W5 engine to give Mike a hand. Phone seems to be Houston TX

Mike.Schu@hess.com

Norm, I saw a post on the Durant owners site and thought I would give this a try. My father was given a 1925 Star for his graduation present from high school. I still remember him driving us to school when we were very young.

The car has been sitting 40 50 years now in the garage. The last time my father tried to fire it up (some 30 years ago) the distributor housing cracked. I found one years later but in the Dakota’s while traveling but it is the wrong one. I believe the engine to be a W5. Any chance you may have a line on a complete distributor or can steer me in the right direction?

My father had every intention of restoring the car after retirement and I am trying to get him motivated again as he is nearing 80.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Regards

Mike Schu
Operations Manager
Equatorial Guinea
Hess Corp
832-900-6102

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Re: Distributor wanted for a W5

I WILL LOOK AT MY SPARE ENGINE TO SEE IF IT IS ON THERE....GARY K

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star trg

Re: Distributor wanted for a W5

I wish I could help you out, but someone broke the top of the distributor on my spare W5 before I got it!

Where Are You From? Marysville, Kans

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A-22 Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club