Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Restoration Parts Wanted

Wanted for the restoration of my 1927 Star Touring but 1924,25 or 26 probably will work.
1 right side door latch
3 recessed striker plates
4 outside door handles
any seat spring measurements
Steering column to dash brackets
Spark advance and speed control levers
folding top frame or any parts thereof

Thanks for the help. A fun job and especially with my two buddies, TRIAL and ERROR.

Where Are You From? Custer, South Dakota

Do You own a car built by Durant? A 1927 Star Touring.

Re: Restoration Parts Wanted

Hello, David,
I have top bows that I was told by an old Durant/Star guy are for a '24 Star F touring. I may have some door latch parts. I need some of the same things that you need viz, spark and throttle lever and quadrant. And I need the shaft for the steering column. When my Star was resting in the field, someone removed the steering wheel with a hacksaw. Even if just the last few inches of the steering wheel would be a help so I could weld it onto my cut-off shaft. I have another steering wheel. I need a radiator cap yand gas cap, and could do with the nut that holds the steering wheel on.
I will check on the door latches and maybe it is time I learned how to send photos by email. If I figure it out I'll send you photos. -Hal

Where Are You From? Pullman, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Pile of Star parts

Re: Restoration Parts Wanted

maybe this fall, I expect to remove my steering column and replace it totally....if you keep after me, you may have it for your car if you still need it..no promise but could be done sooner...gary k\

610-279-3116 up til midnite east coast time

Where Are You From? penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club