Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need the coulor code for a continental engine L six cilinders

Hello out there. Can anyone help me find the coulor code or number for the continental engine in my car that I am restoreing. Thank you for your help.

Where Are You From? Magog Quebec Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant Star six sedan 1927

Re: I need the coulor code for a continental engine L six cilinders

Gerry
Since no one else has responded I thought I'd offer my two cents worth. The Durant 14L and 15L motors and some others were painted in a Gray/Green color, a very unique color. Some time ago another past member did some real good research to paint a motor that would be authentic and pass the scrutiny of the Antique Automobile Club of America Judges. He found the color and his car won the highest award AACA can give for his restoration. Some years ago he sent me a couple of paint chips for the color which is on our Technical section on the left side of the web site here. Of course various monitors will show the color different but it gives you the idea. He sent me the chips and the old Dupont paint codes but said they probably could not be matched now. Unfortunately I have misplaced these at the moment. Some of the members who are not so concerned about authenticity or accuracy are finding other solutions by mixing other colors available such as Buick colors etc. Depending on when you need this, I will be working on my engine in the next couple of months and will find my chips and either find the correct color or have the color matched and mixed somewhere. I can provide this to you when I do. If its not that important to you, then your local paint supplier can mix a good heat resistant paint in a gray/green color for you to use.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hi Gerry....

Jim Greenamyer mixed the paint for our Star motor. He used gray & green from Bill Hirsh.

It came out very nice, you can see the results in his "following a Star" posts

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

Here's my D60. I used Bill Hirsch Lincoln Grey Engine Enamel, 5670-7080.

photo 100_0048_zpse9195cd0.jpg

The Durant Motors Automobile Club