Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gear bearings

Does anyone knows where to find the transmission sheilded ball bearing set main shaft / drive gear for a 1926 star r six? Also does anyone knows if the ones from ford a model works?
Thank u

Where Are You From? Charlotte

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star r six

Re: Gear bearings

Marc, give George Bachleda @ Olcar Bearing Co. a call at 910-693-3324 in NC. He should be able to help you out. Phil

Where Are You From? portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Thank u Phil!

By the way has anyone repair the "dampener" that goes attached to the front of the transmission that stabilized the whole thing?

Where Are You From? Charlotte

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star r six

Marc, If you don't have one, procure a repair manual from Frank Witkowski. This will cover the repair in question. Also, look in the Technical Page on the left side of the screen, in the Maintenance heading select U-Joint Rebuild. This will give you an Idea of what needs to be done. New rubber balls can be purchased from Frank also.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? I started with only two, now there are five,,,,,,,,,,,,

Provided you have a competent auto parts house in your area, you can bring your bearing in and they can measure the outside, inside, and width and will be able to match it with one on the shelf or order one for you.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

You guys are amazing! I just print from the technical page on how to repair the unit. I do need the 8 Rubber balls for it!!! so, Does anyone has a phone number for Frank bc I couldnt find it anywhere in the technical section page. so I can call him an order these balls. I am eager to start driving again my beautiful Star R.

Thank you Don

Where Are You From? charlotte

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star R Six

His contact information is in the contact us on the left side of the screen.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Sorry, I was thinking you were asking in your first post about transmission bearings. If you should need bearings, you most likely can get them at the auto parts places.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club