Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted: Trunk Handle / Latch, Brake Light cover / Lens etc.

I am missing the latch / handle for my 1928 Durant M2. I don't really know what it looks like, so I don't even know what I am looking for. But here is a picture of the hole.

photo 20130707_151759.jpg

I also need the brake light cover / lens to cover this:
 photo 20130707_173045.jpg

photo 20130707_173034.jpg

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2

Re: Wanted: Trunk Handle / Latch, Brake Light cover / Lens etc.

Also, if anyone could take a picture of this handle and email it to me, I would be very grateful.

Gerald.

I believe these are your tail light lenses and door.

Ebay 111114495084 141003983232 310700785950 350438366355 270703757860 200930748949 380385578596

Door 171068741227

See M2 Coupe-Justin Schiess in photos for light but can't make out his trunk handle.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi All...

Tail light is used on Chevy also. Check Gary Wallace Early Chevy or The Filling Station, Repops are available for the Lens and rim.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

Thanks Norm, That's amazing. I didn't realize that Chevy had the same lens. I had been looking at Model A fords etc, but couldn't find anything similar.

Thanks again Norm, That's very helpful :).

Now to figure out what the trunk handle looks like... The thing about the trunk handle, is the hole is curved. So flat handles aren't going to fit.

Also thanks Frank. Now I know what I am looking for, I will do a quick look around here, and if nothing is around, I will be on to ebay to at least get the lenses.

The Bezels with brackets seem a bit pricey... is that normal?

Gerald

Where Are You From? Langley BC

Gerald .. you have to get that awful word out of your mind FORD .. pity Billy didn't get to finalize the sale of Ford to him 1908.

Yes, you have to remember our cars are "assembled" cars meaning they use parts other makes use. In your case the tail light being one used 25 - 30 Chevy and other cars. The beehive one used some pre 30's and most post 29's Durant / Frontenac (have to be careful because last Dominions didn't have beehive) .. as did some models of Dodge, Desoto, Graham Paige, Chrysler, Plymouth. Again we have to be careful as there are two different sizes of beehive used Graham Paige. Ours are the smaller one. Dominion Motors, Depress beam lense 11471 on Durant and Frontenac was used by 12 other auto makers.

As example .. 1916 Chev and 1916 Ford used same non demountable clincher wood spoke wheels and wheel bearings. I can't recall the co name that produced them for both co's. 1917 Chevy became part of GM and produced their own wheels.

I don't know what Rick's roadster has as trunk handle. Most photos posted in DMAC show fronts of cars very few have rear views unfortunately, to give ideas what should be back there and to show off entire car. Not only DMAC but most places forget there's two ends to a car when posting pic's.

For some reason I tend to think the handle backing plate is a circle where it's screwed to the lid, screws top and bottom of handle. No clue why I think that. US after market is useless as far as handles for cars and ours are better as it lists what models used what outside handles but no pictures. M2 and 55 used same ones either nickel plated or black enamel with nickel finish. Down side trunk handles are not mentioned at all.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club