Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
radiator / waterneck

I am in need of a radiator and a water neck for my 1926 star model m touring. has the w5 engine. not much of the neck is left and is rotted out. the radiator aparently has been frozen at some time in her life and the go to radiator shop here said no way will they touch it. looks like a balloon and leaks.If anybody has one or knows of one please e-mail me or reply to post that would be great. or if there is any other options please let me know. thanks in advance.
Jeff.

Where Are You From? spokane washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star m touring

Re: radiator / waterneck

Would you be interested in the top tank assy? I have a couple of good ones I salvaged from junk cores.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Thanks Don but i am going to hold out for a little bit and if push comes to shove i hate to do it but might have the whole thing built new. I will keep it in mind though.
Thanks again. Jeff

well i bought a radiator off ebay last night and hope that this puts me one step closer to getting this car on the road. looks like i will have the waterneck made. thanks to all that looked on here.
jeff.

Hi Jeff. I went down to the shop yesterday and saw a couple of radiators that you might be able to use. I need to know the how wide yours is. 18" or 20" If the one that you bought doesent pan out, I will be going to the portland swap meet and could bring it there. Bert

Where Are You From? American Canyon Calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? Stars

Bert
thanks for looking and will let you know if it doesnt work out. mine is 27.5 tall and 20 wide at the tanks 27.5 wide at the mounts.
when is the swap meet? And is there a lot of star parts at them?
Jeff

Hi Jeff. The portland swap meet is April 5th & 6th. It is a large meet and some Durant proudects some times show up. By for now Bert

Where Are You From? American Canyon Calif

Hi Bert, Would you by chance have a radiator that would fit a 23 Star Touring? I believe it is the same as the one in your 22 Star.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

Hi Bill;
Did you also check with Don Shilling?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hi Bert--- we will be attending the Portland Swap meet also. Staying at the Red Lion on the River. Hope to see you there.

Where Are You From? Lundbreck, Ab.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Hi Bill. yes I do have a couple. I do not know the condition of them. Do you need one for a patern, or to be used in a car. Bert

Where Are You From? American Canyon Calif.

Hi Dennis. I will be staying at Mike Larsens house. Maybe we can meet at the H.C.C,A.s booth sometime during the day. fri or sat. We go home on sun. Hope to see u there. Bert

Hi Bert, I am hoping to come up with one I can use in my car. Let me know if you have one you would be willing to part with. Bill

Hi Bill. What is wrong with the radiator in your car. Small leak or did the fan try to go through the radiator? Bert

Multiple not so small leaks. It has finally wore out.

Hi Bill. Food for thought, Got this quick fix from a master old car nut First drain the radiator then clean the area where leaking. Mix both parts of J.B. weld, use a Q tip or small brush and dab the area of the leak with the J. B. weld and let set for 24 hours. I will be trying this myself as I have some leaks in my 22 Bert

Well. heard back from the radiator shop today and the core of the radiator i bought from ebay is plugged and can't get it cleaned out. So for 850 plus freight and tax i am going to have a v-cell core made and put in. Should see it back in a couple weeks. Just couldn't swing the extra money to do the honeycomb which is 1500 plus freight and tax. And they are just about done fixing the fuel tank. Had three leaks and are sealing it for around 150-175.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star m touring

Hi Jeff Did you try to turn the radiator up side down an take the water hose and reverse flush the radiator. I got a half coffee can of acorns, small branches and other junk out of one of mine. Bert

Where Are You From? american canyon calif.

No bert i didnt try that. when i looked inside it when i got it i could see that it was not very good on the inside but outside looked great. was full of rust and what not so took it to the shop that tested my other one and they said no leaks but was very poor flow. so they put it in there tank to clean it but no luck. so just am biting the bullet and replacing the core. did tell them i want the old core back. you never know who may need it and what for and am giving them enough money they dont get to keep any leftover parts.. Jeff.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star m touring

SPEEDWAY MOTORS RACING CATALOGUE HAS A HONEYCOMB "INSERT " TO PUT INFRONT OF REGULAR RADIATERS....

Where Are You From? pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

well after quite some time and several let downs finally got my radiator back today. still have to double check the mounts to the shroud and paint it but with a new core and top tank hope all is good to go.

Where Are You From? spokane wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star touring model m

The Durant Motors Automobile Club