Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need 1 Rim bolt, nut & holder for my wheels

I need one rim bolt, nut and holder that goes through the Fellow and holds on the rim. Must have the bend in the metal top like shown. These are for my 1928 19" wheels.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Need 1 Rim bolt, nut & holder for my wheels

Still looking. Gary K gave me 4 bolts from some rims he had, but they are too short and will not fit. I presume they are from a Star not a Durant. Soooo lets get out to the garage and see what you have out there.Durantonians have not let me down yet. Only need one with the bolt and clip. They appear different than those provided on the Stars.

Hi Mike......

What is the length of the rim bolt that you need?

Is there a name on the clamp? Most of mine say "Bimel"

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Hi Frank
The length from top to bottom is 3" and it has a bent side like the picture to go up against the rim to keep it from spinning I guess. I looked again and mine definetly say Kelsey Hayes, but as long as the look like the picture I don't think it really matters since I don't think anyone is going to get on their knees to look and see what that piece says. When I was at Gary's last week we looked at several he had, but it appears the Star wheel had different ones on them. Not sure what that is all about but.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club