Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted 19" Clincher Rim for 1928 Durant

My car came with 5 Clincher rims but one does not match the other four. I need Durantland to search and see if anyone has an extra rim similar to the picture below. If someone needs to know how wide it is, just let me know, but they fit the 19" tires for 1928.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Wanted 19" Clincher Rim for 1928 Durant

Hi Mike:

I think 28 and 29 are the same. I have one in the garage. That form of latching it tight seems to be the same. I will take a picture of it and get it to you. If you do not find another closer to you before T.C. we can talk about it then.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thanks Gary, I appreciate it. As I said I have 4 that match but the one that was holding the spare tire on the rear had a bolt holding it instead of the latch and cotter pin. I surely want them all to match.

From what I see split rims

Canada parts catalogue
M2, 55 and 65 $3.55
40, 60, 63, 66 $4.50

US catalogue
Kelsey Haynes 19 x 3 1/2 M2, M4, T, X, 55, 65 $.90
Bimel 19 x 3 1/2 M2, M4, T, X, 55, 65, $1.95
Kelsey Haynes 19 x 4 S4, 40, 60, 63, 66 $2.30
Bimel 19 x 4 M4, S4, 40, 60, 63 $3.95
70 rim $2.30
75 rim $3.00

So it seems not all rims are the same for all models 28 and 29

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Thanks Norm;
Looks like I can use the M2 or M4 Kelsey Hayes wheel.

Hi Mike ... Don't know what Rick has done to the site while I was away but replies to posted items doesn't go back to the posting from IE like it used to. Have to guess what part of forum its in and try to pin point the forum item. It says, To view this thread, click the link below. Doesn't work.

Anyway I hope the info helps you.
Re wheel itself, front or rear, the Kelsy-Haynes is more expensive than the Bimel which is reverse of the split rims prices. Go figure ?

I debated going to the Ont meet at Shannonville this summer but it made my whole year. Have been looking for a rad cap since June 1962 when I first got a 1930 614 without one. Dot the same and Gord Curl had three in a box. One complete. That cap sat by my side until it was home like its made of gold, ha ha. Only took 50 years to find one. Hate to see how long it will be for a fender lense which is even rarer.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Still looking guys, someone has to have one stashed away somewhere.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club