Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need Some Help on Some Parts for a 1926 Star Touring Car

We are looking for the rear door hinges (not the suicide style) for our 1926 Star Touring Car. Can anyone help us locate a set for the right and left doors or provide us some pictures of what they are suppose to look like.

Also, looking for the rear door latches for both the right and left doors.

We are also looking for some pictures of what the bows are suppose to look like for the touring car top. Does anyone know if the Ford Model T top will work? Any pictures will greatly help.

Was there a front bumper on the 26 touring car or was it an aftermarket item?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Where Are You From? Las Vegas, NV

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Touring Car

Re: Need Some Help on Some Parts for a 1926 Star Touring Car

Hi Stephanie
l sold a stock rusty 26 Star touring to a gal and her boyfriend from Las Vegas about 3 years ago for $3,500.00 with bad tires on it but l had it running real nice and no top. The engine was stone quit and started on one revolution. l had put some brown vinyl uph on all the seats, and a new windshield and converted it to 12 volt with a ele fuel pump and chrome holly pressure regulator.
l had to kinda make do with what ever l could on the doors l remember. Seemed like one rear door was missing its latch and hinges and no front bumper. We found a after market old bumper l bought for the rear. l remember the wood spoked wheels were pretty nice actually and l added a old original motor meter on it. l ask the couple not to paint it as it drew a lot of attention total original and rusty. l bought it from our local auto museum here in San Diego. They called and knew l was a Durant guy so wanted me to buy it. lt was all in pieces and a lot missing, had to buy 2 other partial cars rusting into the ground up in Escondido, and try and make one running car. Lost my shirt but got it back on the road.
Here is a picture of it partially done no doors yet driving it to a Circle K for gas with my girlfriend. l will look around out back for some hinges. There was a couple bent ones l remember maybe a latch around here also.
Take care
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

if you need a front bumper, I'll make you a deal on one. I have one in for sale..dave G

Where Are You From? Rocklin, ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, 28 ******* speedster

Feel free to email if you don't have photos of the hinges and latches yet. My rear touring doors are off the car at this point so no problem with photos. Cheers, Martyn.

Where Are You From? Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - 1926 Star Touring ( Model M)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club