Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dashboard control knobs needed

i have no idea what the dasboard knobs look like for my 31 durant roadster. I'm looking for an example for Mike Butters to copy for me. Kenn 607 592 1911

Where Are You From? Ithaca Ny

Do You own a car built by Durant? 614 Durant delux roadster

Re: dashboard control knobs needed

Now there you have a choice. Depends what your dash looks like and if your car is really a 30 or 31. If you have the after 30 dash with gold instrument cluster like the 619 and our Dominion cars the pulls are round as are the fastening at dash. If its the elongated crest shaped cluster of the 1930 the pulls are square as are the dash fastenings and dash has a spear to left and right of the cluster.

Of course the lettering T, C, S, L on the knobs. Not sure Mike has ever done the later type with so few cars around but could have the 1930 type molds, since they repro the 30 handles. The 30 is cast metal, the later pressed steel and very thin so highly unlikely Mike can make them.
Here's the two clusters. Only difference Frontenac to US 619 and Dominion Durant is Fronty is silver, Durant is gold.

Photobucket

My 32
Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

mine is the same as the one labeled 1932- the gold one. Thanks for your response. do you have any examples for Mike to copy? Kenn

Where Are You From? Ithaca Ny

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 deluxe roadster

Sent you an email and not sure if clear enough pic's. One doesn't put one's camera through a wash cycle.

Like I said the pulls are not cast metal and you might have to hope someone has 619 pulls or might be another scarce 1931 614 around. Perhaps cheat and use something similar from another make or farm machinery that used pulls.

For those not familar with after 30 pulls heres a pic. Perhaps someone might know of some for Kenn or might know of some other make that used same pulls. Durant's were assembled cars and used parts other makers used.

Photobucket

The Durant Motors Automobile Club