Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Needed pasrts

I'm looking for the following 1925 Star parts, repro. doesn't matter, but: spark/throttle; right rear fender (sedan) beaded; complete insides for 8 1/2 inch cannister(s) headlights; speedometer (3 1/2 inch), oil/amp gasuge(s) (2 inch); acceleator/linkage/pedal. Thank you.

Where Are You From? Kokomo,IN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star F, formerly a 4 dr. sedan

Re: Needed pasrts

Hi Dennis.
I do have a stock proper throttle shaft with the proper original round foot button on it. The other end is bent and drilled for a cotter key and hooks right on the carb butterfly shaft. l also have some gauges but not sure of your particular design. Maybe point out on our website photos from one of the same Star car dash as your car. Or E-mail or send me a picture of your dash. l also have a set of drum rusty headlights and will open them up to see how they are inside.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes
San Diego

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? too many

Lance, Between the time the messages got posted on the web, I was able to get a spark/throttle set up abd I'm waiting to see if it works (no bugtton).I'll definately keep you in mind if it doesn't. My'25 keeps/seems not what it appears. It was assembled in CA but doesn't have front brakes (could have been changed). The sideboard splash guard has no decorative beading (easier/cheaper to reproduce). It's more interseting each and every day. Since I'm use to dealing with the "Big Three" auto makers, where is the dip stick on my 1926 motor located. It should be a metal stick with cork attachment. I've (2) caps and both are "packed" with lube grease. Any help would dearly be appreciated. Dennis

Hi Dennis,
I also have a CA Star, the '27. No bead on splash aprons(maybe after market?),no front brakes,early style steering gear box, late style rubber motor mounts( with riveted factory bracket to hold steering box!) NO dipstick. You will find a wire with a ball on the top below the shaft from dist. to water pump. This is attached to the cork which floats on the oil.The hi/lo marks are cast on the side of the block.
Don't try to pull this out!
Ron

Where Are You From? Illinois

Do You own a car built by Durant? ''24 'star F,'27 Star M

Ron, Thank you for responding. Your description fits mine to the "T". I take it (not assume) that you "eye ball it" on measuring the oil level, since you state not to remove the dip stick, which I still haven't found. But if I find it, I won't remove it. I found the hi/low markings on the block. My coil is mounted to the starter. I take it after 87 years, it won't need a air breather or oil filter? Do you know of any alternator firms that will convert the generator to an alternator using the original gen. casing? I know they exist, but my mind goes blank.There's not much clearance between the fan blade and the radiator. I'll have to make a pin to hold the steering wheel to the shaft and (4) pieces to hold my windshield to the frames. Creating this speedster is definately FUN. All ordered parts are adding up to start to "dry" assemble. I'll My bodyman can convert one of my (2) left left rear fender into a right rear fender. Talk to you later. Can you email me your email?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club