Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear axle wanted to suit 28-29 rugby, durant

Hi All, The world of Durant seems to frustrate me, only at times though. I have been organizing a local club trip to the Mornigton Pinnisular for 5 mth now. Working hard to get the Rugby ready for the 70kmh trip of 340km each way. As have it, after changing all oils, grease and a good tune up, Sweet running now fresh motor, new modern seals in G/box, I went to go into town today. Turning the corner out my driveway, the rear of the car lifted up and the rear drivers side wheel rolled down the hill. Down with a thump I came. Rear axle broken, damaged guard and pushed in body where the guard mounts.
So... If anyone has a rear axle to sell it would be greatly appreiciated, to suit a 29 D40 drivers side. I am unsure if each side is different lenght or not. Someone may enighten me to this.
Thanks heaps
A frustrated Rugby owner
Kevin,
So now I have to take my restored Toyota FJ40 SWB Soft top

Where Are You From? Portland, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby D40 Tourer

Re: Rear axle wanted to suit 28-29 rugby, durant

Hi all,
Have found 2 NOS axles for my Rugby. Should have them in 2 weeks. Now, since I'm going to repair the damage, I might give her a freshen up all over. Mmmmm, What color should I go???
Thanks all
Kevin

Where Are You From? Portland, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby Tourer D40

Oh not nice. Yes the world of Durant and off shoots can be very frustrating. Nothing the same between models or even in the same model. Don't we all know that.

Haven't any shafts but after market catalogue's say the axle is same both sides and for yours. M, M2, R, S2, S4, 40, 55, 60, 63, 65, 66 are the same axle. So you have a choice of models to find one from.

Hopefully someone has shafts for you.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Interesting ..with time differences we both replied same time, ha ha. Mine shows 5:11 am and its 8:11 here

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club