Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

For Sale & Wanted
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1931 Devaux Front Shocks and Linkage needed.

Hello,

Looking to buy the Front Houdaille shocks and linkages. The shocks do not need to be in working order.

My telephone number is (904) 230-3588.

Thanks,

Dennis

Where Are You From? Jacksonville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux

Re: 1931 Devaux Front Shocks and Linkage needed.

There are a set of Monroe shocks on eBay right now. Look under Durant.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Thanks for looking. The Devaux has the houdaille shocks. I have what looks to be Delco shocks, but I would like to make it all original.

Dennis

Where Are You From? Jacksonville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux

It appears Houdaille shock absorbers were used on E, 670 and 685 Frontenac's and 633 Durant, per my 1935 after market catalogue. Says complete and original equipment for those models. Can be adapted to 611, 614, 618 Durant's by drilling only one hole in the frame. $6.25 each. Two for $10.50. Four for $18.90.

Was wondering if they were also used on the 1933 / 34 C400 / C600 Fronty's, and Ace, Flyer and Beacon Connies ? Might be another source, but just as scarce.

Must check out Ebay for the Monroes made by Acme Gear in Toronto. Need all 4.

Ouch Gord you can buy a complete car cheaper than these early 1930 614 parts. Luggage rack looks nice. 5 bolt wires with side ring.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

hello try howard reinke in michigan or myron cummings in michigan,there name and number should be on the roster,possibly chk old manuals to see what other cars they where used on, dave

Where Are You From? so calif

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 devaux, 1932 devaux

I bought the front shocks ,links and plates for Dorothy since she had no orig's, can't afford the rears as well at that price. If you use Ebay.ca you won't see all the parts. Ebay.com you will. Wondered why the front fenders and rear end were not showing but are on DMAC ebay connection. No one bought anything 1st time round but the shocks, and he's relisted all the 1930 614 parts again. Only difference is they are all buy it now and no bidding like last time.

Dennis and Dave:
I talked to Howard today on DeVaux stuff. He even needs a pair himself!
I'v known of a parts car down on the Oregon Coast so I will try to see what I can find.
Gary

Dennis, Did you have your engine rebuilt? Dave might want some info from you.

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Didn't realize Model A / B's used Houdaille shocks. That repro Clinton Interchangeable Parts Handbook is about useless I bought off ebay and shocks are not mentioned.

Search brought up this co who rebuilds them in Oregon

http://www.antiqueshockabsorbers.com/Rebuild.asp

another in NY

http://www.applehydraulics.com/houdaille.htm

Of course DeVaux or Frontenac are not mentioned but perhaps a company like these might have ones for the DeVaux not knowing. Would the shock itself be the same off any other car like the Ford, Chrysler, Packard etc ?? Look the same idea as the pic in the 35 parts catalogue.

Norm:
I had applehydraulics rebuild the shocks for the Frontenac. I was well pleased.
They told me that mine were the same as for a 33/34 Pontiac. Wondered if someone changed them at some time. Hmmm. Work well now.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

You never know Gord. Our cars seem to have different parts used for same models like Dominion just used anything available to push a vehicle out the door. Durant Motors before that. Almost like a Giant Tiger having job lots of items and once gone, some other job lot to flog, but keep basic items the same. In our case frame, body and motor. Can't say wheels with so many different ones. 4 bolt, 5 bolt, 6 bolt, wood spoke. 17 / 18 / 19's. Side rigs or standard rims. Wire wheel caps 4, 6 , 6 1/2, 7 inch hub opening size, and with different shapes and name or crest. Its no wonder they failed not standardizing parts.

Didn't you mention your exterior door handles are different to any other Frontenac. And you know of four Fronty's each with different shocks.

Like Stephan once remarked, its like they took a part from box A for this car, and box B for the next. Put a Durant crest or Rugby one, which ever happened to handy at the time.

Why its said, no two cars the same. Should have been their motto, instead.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club