Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reproduction Parts

Thanks Norm

Where Are You From? Arlington, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M-2

I supplied originals for the 614 parts they make. Did a good job.

Where Are You From? Biloela Qld Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thanks Sid,
I did order some parts from them.

Door handles on my 614 are 1929 style. US ones are different.

Where Are You From? Biloela Qld Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Interesting Sid, I hadn't noticed your handles in and out are not the spear style of the 30 US / Can. Outer ones fasten sideways not vertical over the molding.
Nothing is set in stone with Billy. US 407 used the spear type, but our Can are similar to the 619 US but not. My 32 614 isn't spear outside or even 619. My inner ones are 1930 Essex art deco style used on the 32 407, 614, 618.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Yesterday, I received 2 step plate mats and 2 step plate surrounds from the Australian company listed on the technical page under reproduction parts. The parts look great and the owner was wonderful during the whole process of ordering. The prices are in Australian dollars so with the strong US dollar the cost turned out better even including shipping.

Hi Gil
Just saw your posting on here. I purchased a number of parts for my 1928 Durant Model 65 such as inside door handles, window cranks, escutcheons for the windows and the two rear window cranks to wind up the rear two windows and a full set of hub caps. Price was great with the exchange rate and their work was high quality. Hub caps are a bit thicker than the originals but look great and all the parts are in stainless steel and will polish up like nickel. I have no complaints and would order from them again.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club