Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Seats, Upholstery, Interior Ideas, Please?

So, my boyfriend, Phillip Butterfield, owns a Durant. I LOVE this car. I would love to get the interior redone, but I have no idea where to start. First of all, the seat springs we currently have in the poor girl are all wrong. Can anyone tell me of a good place to get ones that'll actually fit?? Second, I'll be doing the actual upholstery myself. I'd like tips on fabric choices, etc. If anybody could send me pictures to my e-mail address, I'd really appreciate it. Any recommendations at all regarding the interior would definitely be appreciated, as far as carpeting or simply how to re-do the walls of the front cab. Currently, she's bare-bones. Right down to her metal walls and wood framing. I'm currently most concerned with re-finishing the rumble seat, as a friend of ours would like to ride off in the Durant from their wedding. Thanks again, I really look forward to hearing from you guys! :]

Where Are You From? Moreno Valley, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, well my boyfriend does. It's a 1930 Model 6-14 Coupe.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club