Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

Restoration Recommendations
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Engine and Suspension Parts
While still looking for parts for my antique forklift I came across this interesting website down in OZ. It might be helpful. http://www.autosurplus.com.au/ Cuzin Don
Views: 472   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2011 9:45am
by Don Shilling
ID numbers
I've been trying to establish where my car was built without having the benefit of an ID tag. the registration paperwork just lists #23917 -no letter to idenitfy the city of origin. Any chance that the number alone will give a clue? Kenn
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2010 3:12pm
by kenn young
a Rugby located in Cyprus since 1920
I have a Rugby that is in Cyprus since 1920, it is an original car, I 'm intrasted for more information regarding my Rugby, since now I was not able to locate a similar car, any help will greatly apriciated thanking you in advance Harris
Views: 314   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 29, 2010 11:46am
by Harris Economide...
some rubber and hood parts 30 - 33
Re post Lance's mail for some parts with modifications to orig. OK fellows you are in luck. I just finished a 619 and lots of server damage and missing parts sent me shopping all over in Ford etc old car catalog's and on the web. And guess what Mac’s Antique...
Views: 449   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 4:07am
by Norm Toone
Wire wheel painting
Bast Tire Service (Scott Lloyd) Wheel refinishing with Nucote powder coat system, include's blasting. (wheels must be straight before process), Friday mornings. 1 Bast Place St. Jacob's Ont (off of #15 Lobsinger Line) 800-265-8852 www.basttire.com
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2010 3:05am
by Norm Toone
Carburetor
I have a 1929 Durant Model 60. Have engine totally rebuilt. Runs great however original carburetor is leaking gas. Could anyone suggest a dependable replacement for the original for open road driving. Thanks!
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 24, 2010 5:59am
by Dennis Comer
Gas tank sending unit & Temperature sending unit for 15L & 14L engine
Contacted a company called Atwater Kent Manufacturing Company about restoring my gas tank sending unit. Spoke to "Mike" who advised they could restore or build a new unit. Also was able to manufacture a new temperature sending unit that sits on top of the head on a 1...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 21, 2010 6:57am
by Mike Linthicum
Seats, Upholstery, Interior Ideas, Please?
So, my boyfriend, Phillip Butterfield, owns a Durant. I LOVE this car. I would love to get the interior redone, but I have no idea where to start. First of all, the seat springs we currently have in the poor girl are all wrong. Can anyone tell me of a good place to g...
Views: 524   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2010 4:45pm
by Jeri Stewart
Fuel pump kits for the 1930 and up Durants
Great idea Rick !!! I'll start it off with this info: Fuel pump kits for the 1930 and up Durants. The Fordson House 717 Stephenson Ave Escanaba, MI 49829 906-786-5120 www.thefordsonhouse.com Just tell them it is for a F-12 or F-14 Farmall tractor F...
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2010 12:58pm
by Frank Witkowski
Durant Tubular Backbone (muffler)
If anyone is interested, I can reproduce the nearly famous Durant tubular backbone like the one I made for my '25 Star. They are rather labor intensive so the ballpark price is around $500. They are usually gone or totally rusted out on our cars and they really do ad...
Views: 568   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2010 7:58am
by Rusty Buchanan
1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club