Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1928 Durant Model 65 pressure plate, 15L engine

Thanks Norm! You are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to our Durant cars! Not that this news makes me any happier but I do know where a 65 parts car is, I just have to get to it and it's not down here in the Sunshine state. Have to wait till it gets a bit warmer up North before I travel up there. Fortunately except for a few other small parts, my car is pretty complete and most parts I have have been restored. All the body work is done, the engine is just about completely rebuilt, with new pistons, rings, poured bearings, entirely new guts and two small cracks repaired on the block. The machine shop has had this for 3 years now so I'll be glad to get it back. I just need to get it painted and then I can start the assembly. It's been a looooong time. Thanks for all your help!

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

Anybody have any motor manuals from that time or catalogs that would show what other cars used that Pressure plate?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

Not many 65's in the Registry. 31 if I counted correctly. You should have picked a Ford T where parts fit 1908 to 1927 mainly. Take a 1927 engine and remove transmission top with big pedals and put on the small lettered pedals one and unless anyone checks engine its a 1915 range or prior looking at the floor pedals. Plus you have bigger brake band on the tranny :grinning:

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club