Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Largest Car show in the world! Hershey, Pennsylvania

It's that time of year again for the largest car show in the world. Hershey Pennsylvania. It's just a week away October 3rd through the 6th 2023. The DMAC will be represented again with spaces in the Chocolate field (figures Hershey right) spaces C-44, C-45 and C-46. Look for the red tent! If you come to the event to find that hard to find Durant part, stop by and sit a spell with your fellow Durantonians. We'll have some parts for sale too. Snacks, drinks and plenty of Durant talk will be available free of charge! If your not a member yet and have been lurking on this web site, you can join up in person at our booth. Frances and I will be joined this year again by Bill and Annjean DeVries, Tom & Karen Edmonds.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

Re: Largest Car show in the world! Hershey, Pennsylvania

Well another Hershey show has come and gone. Weather this year was perfect sunny most of the time in the high 70's low 80's. Cloudy one day, but no rain. Had quite a number of people stop by and say hello as well as some new people who are not members. Membership brochures were handed out and hopefully some will come back with checks to Ryan! Not a lot of Durant/Star items at the flea market this year. Our parts are getting a bit scarce it seems. Had a dealer selling radiator emblems, part of his collection he was thinning out. A star fender, radiator was had by Tom Edmonds and I was told that a Durant Motors sign was at the field for sale, but I did not see it. Two years ago they had a large Durant Motors sign, the earlier one in blue with a hefty price tag of $3,000. It did not sell. Member Douglas Burris and wife Pat came by on Wednesday and we twisted his arm to bring back his 1927 Star and park it at the DMAC site. Had quite a lot of attention from people. I must have told a dozen people what a Star was and Durant history. Thanks Doug!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club