Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DeVaux automobile article

Hi Ross:

I have copies of that article by Richard Larrowe. Did you notice that he estimated about 20 cars were out there. Also, if I remember it correctly, Mikes car was the one that Larrowe restored.
I met Larrowe at Mikes booth at the Portland Swap meet a few years before Mike died.
I will have to reread that article because the engine in the DeVaux (40-A) is a Hall engine. Hall-Scott was a separate business. He was Col. Albert Hall and he was noted for designing the "Liberty Engine" of WW-1.

Many years back I went over to Silverdale to see a Hall-Scott engine on blocks for sale. It was new and surplus from WW2. He wanted 1K.

Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Just good memories

Re: DeVaux automobile article

I have a Hall block that i got from the "Old Parts Man" in N. MI years ago. Its been sitting in my dry shed since. If there is a demand for one let me know. I prolly would never put it in my 619 but that might be fun. Think I have most of the parts for it except maybe the manifolds. Not sure of the head. If I recall it has been cleaned up; not sure of any machining.

Where Are You From? IA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 model 619

The Durant Motors Automobile Club