Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free Early Star Frame

Posted this from a non member looking to give away an early Star frame.

Rick

My folks who lived in central Washington have passed away and my siblings and I are dealing with their stuff. The property has been sold and we have a limited amount of time to remove things. One of the items is the chassis in this photo. It is a Star chassis and has been on the property for at least 75 years. My grandparents lived there before my folks, and Grandpa said it had been a pickup truck. When he bought the chassis it had already been stripped of its body and a buzz saw was mounted on it and a tow bar was attached to the front. There isn't much there, but it has both axles, an original muffler and a few small parts and brackets. The rails are straight and as you see in the photo, there are four disc wheels with rims. Central Washington is very dry, and the rust you see is surface rust.

If this chassis or its components could be used by any Durant enthusiast, they may have the chassis for FREE. I don't know the best way to let Durant people know about it. If you know someone who might be interested, please have them call or text me at 918-351-8389. My name is David Wahl. The chassis is in Soap Lake, Washington. Thanks.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club