Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East coast Chapter Spring Meet

All you Durantonions east of the Mississippi. With Covid and everything behind us now it’s time to have a spring meet. I’ll start working on it and AnnJean DeVries has volunteered to help. The question is “where would you like to go”? We can go back to a place we’ve been many years ago or go someplace else. Area has to be friendly for driving our cars in regards to no mountains, but other than that it’s open. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, let me know?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928durant@gmail.com

Re: East coast Chapter Spring Meet

Maybe Vicksburg?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thank you Don, what no body else has any other ideas?

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES, 1928 Durant Model 65 four door sedan

Mike when we went to Luray va. a couple of year ago it was nice so i would say Luray

Where Are You From? pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I've had very little input on ideas of where to hold a spring meet for the East Coast Chapter. Sooooo here is some thoughts of mine.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania area. ( It's been over 10 years since we've been there and there is lots of things to do.)

Scranton, Pennsylvania ( Several things to do and the National Park Service "Steam Town Museum" )

Cumberland, Maryland area and Northern West Virginia area. ( Some interesting things to see, the remnants of the Chesapeake and Ohio canal system and some tourist steam trains.

Hockesson, Delaware ( Rural area near the Pennsylvania border, Marshall steam museum, think largest collection of Stanley Steamers and other cars. Winterthur Museum not far)

Eastern Shore, Maryland. ( St Michael's area and surrounding area, Chesapeake Bay Maritime museum etc

Roanoke, Virginia area.

New England area, but you have to be careful of terrain for the old cars. No steep mountains.

I'm looking at sometime in April early May when it starts to warm up in those areas.

Give me your thoughts on some of these areas. If I get no thumbs up on any of these then I'll be a pickin someplace for us to go.

We haven't had a get together since pre-Covid with one of the last being our visit to Gettysburg. Everyone had a great time there and the battlefield roads were a good place to tour in our cars.

Common everyone East of the Mississippi, let's get fired up and let's get together!:blue_car:

Cumberland would be nice.

Good evening durantonians

I am putting my bid in for the spring meet to be held in Lancaster Pa and Scranton Pa for the second choice. Hoping to be able to attend more of the meets now that retirement is here.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Thanks Steve!

Just a quick note to East Coast members. We are still planning on an East Coast Meet in late April, early May. I've made contact with one hotel in the Cumberland, Maryland area and will contact a couple more to get us the best deal. As soon as I have things locked in, I will et everyone know.

Mike

Mike,

Thinking about the spring meet coming up. Do you have some dates for the meet yet?

Thanks

Where Are You From? Rising Sun Md

Steve
I do not have the lock in dates yet. It will be in Cumberland, Maryland and it's looking like the 1st week in May now. There is a scenic rail tour I'd like to take us all on and that does not being the season running until May 1st. Stand by and keep watching this site. As soon as I get things locked in I'll post the details.

A train ride would be neat!

Re: East coast Chapter Spring Meet Cumberland, Maryland

I've locked in the hotel for us for the East Coast Chapter spring meet on May 4th through the 7th 2023. The area is beautiful and we're working on a few things to do. I'll keep you posted on the itinerary as we get things lined up. I'd really like to see a good turnout for this since we have not had a Durant get together on the East Coast for awhile. You got plenty of time, get the cars out, tune them up and get them running. Pump up the tires on the trailer and bring them along. Let's show Cumberland, Maryland what a Durant product car is!

Room rate for the Durant club is $109.00 per night not including tax.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

1076 National Parkway

La Valle/Cumberland, Maryland 21502

Phone: 301-729-4800

Direct Link for booking

https://www.hiexpress.com/redirect?path=rates&brandCode=EX&localeCode=en®ionCode=1&hotelCode=LAVMD&checkInDate=04&checkInMonthYear=042023&checkOutDate=07&checkOutMonthYear=042023&_PMID=99801505&GPC=DMA&cn=no&viewfullsite=true

Are there any other car clubs in the area we could contact and notify of our get together?

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Don
I will invite some other owners of our period cars too. I always say the more the merrier! I'll probably post the event on the AACA web site also.

I made my reservations, how about you?

Remember cut off for the special room rate at the hotel is two weeks prior to the date. Reservations can be cancelled within 24 hour of check in day and time. Get your reservations in now!

Mike, is check in day Wednesday or Thursday?

Thursday Don, this is a Chapter meet, not a National meet. Check in Thursday, leave Sunday.

I checked with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Friday and so far only 3 rooms have been reserved at the hotel under our special rate. If your East of the Mississippi, make plans to join us! If you've never attended a Durant event, why not make reservations and come and join the fun. You don't have to bring a Durant or even have one that is running. Many people have their cars under restoration and just don't want to bring them but they come anyway. You won't regret it! Durantonians are the nicest car people you'll ever meet. You'll make friendships that last your lifetime. Go ahead and reserve your room now, you can always cancel the reservations if something comes up and you can't make it!

Just made my hotel reservations. I'm bringing a mystery machine with me this time! See ya'll there.

Our numbers are growing! Keep it coming! It will be great to get together again and see everyone!

I wish Matt and I could join you guys this time, but the timing isn't good. It's just two weeks before my students' big piano recital, and I can't miss those lessons on that Thursday and Friday. I miss you all! Hope to see you at the national meet in California!

Where Are You From? Minneapolis, MN

Looks like the event is coming together! About 17 coming so far with 3 cars that I know of. Going to be a great time!:smiley:

There has been some confusion in regards to making reservations at the hotel. I've had several calls from members saying that when they called the hotel they were told that only I could make the reservation for them by the front desk personnel. I contacted the hotel and was told the same which I advised was totally wrong. I then contacted the General Manager who advised that she had notified everyone working the front desk that members can directly call the front desk to book their rooms now. Of course you can still use the link posted here on this forum and on the Chapter upcoming events. Hope to see you there.

Mike

Good morning Mike

We are planning to come to the event for part of the time and need to make some reservations. Do you have an agenda laid out for the meet?
Thanks.

Morning Steve

I have some plans, but they are tentative at this time. Hope to have it locked in later this week.

Mike

Steve

It looks like we're going to have the following itinerary. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with us.

Thursday May 4th: Check in at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Cumberland, Maryland. Hospitality room open after 6:00 P.M.

Friday May 5th: Travel from Holiday Inn to downtown Cumberland to ride the Western Maryland scenic railroad from Cumberland to Frostburg, Maryland and back. Hospitality room open in the evening.

Saturday May 6th: Tour with cars either old or new to Oakland, Maryland from Cumberland to see the Garrett County museums in Oakland (3 museums to see one or all) One is the Garrett County Transportation museum with antique cars. Beautiful tour route from Cumberland to Oakland. Hospitality room open in the evening

Sunday May 7th: Breakfast and travel home.

We will have refreshments and snacks and have sandwiches or pizza for those coming in in the afternoon on Thursday. Meals each night are on your own, several places around the Holiday Inn to eat.

Make sure you get your cars ready for a tour! Beautiful part of the country and a great place to see.

Time is running out for your hotel registration at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites! There are still rooms available. Even if you think you might go, go ahead and make your reservations and you can cancel up to 24 hours before the event. Let's make this a great event! Those of you who don't plan on making the California National Meet this year this is a great meet to join your fellow East Coast Durantonians and rekindle those fun times and friendships.

Thanks Mike
I have made our reservations to attend. We are looking forward to the spring meet in Cumberland and the visits with our fellow durantonions!

Hi Peggy
You and Matt will be there in spirit! Somewhere we'll tip a glass of wine to you two! Maybe you can join us next year!

I'll be leaving Sunday to head up to Georgia for a couple days and then on Wednesday on to Cumberland. See all of you when you arrive on Thursday!. Have a safe trip!

I wish that Mary and I could be there but health issues prevent any travel over 1 day. BUT we could see you all in Oshawa for the 2024 meet.

Where Are You From? Whitby, Ont. CANADA

Do You own a car built by Durant? @ Flint projects plus 3 others

Jack we wish you could be there too, but we totally understand. Save a space in the rumble seat for Frances and I the next time.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club