Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DOOR CHECK STRAP

Can someone send me a picture of a door check strap for 30-31 Durant. My 619 doesn't have have any and in order to find replacements I need to know what they look like plus their length and width.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

Re: DOOR CHECK STRAP

Buy the Model A Ford check straps. They are a little longer but that does not matter. Leave the slight excess inside the door pillar or cut it off if you prefer.
I replaced all 4 of the check straps on my 1930 614 and they work fine.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA and Sahuarita, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Re: DOOR CHECK STRAP

Lance posted this years ago doing up Charlie's 619

OK fellows you are in luck. I just finished a 619 and lots of server damage and missing parts sent me shopping all over in Ford etc old car catalog's and on the web. Now some other critical things that are available for the rare 407, 612, 614, 619 Durant cars are the strange looking crank up windshield cowl rubber molding and the two side guides as a kit for $86.20 part number 70-0016-32 from Steele Rubber Products and they also have the gas tank sending unit round rubber cover for in the back for $44.50 part number 10-0010-44. These are actually listed under Durant and a couple door guide stops that don’t fit. So don’t bother with them. I think the reason they are available is all these particular rubber parts fit on the 30 Chevy and 30 Buick so a lot more demand. The rubber gas sending unit round cover also fits on my 1929 Durant model 6-66 and on Rick’s 1929 Durant sport roadster and on the 1930 614 Durant cars. So I hope some of this info helps you out there.
PS also got Mac's door check straps. Part # B162592. AND you might want to look at Part #A45989: Lower window seal with drip edge.

Rick keeps forgetting its not 1930 - 31 Durant but 1930 - 32 Durant as well as 1931 - 32 E Frontenac which his Canadian 1932 front fenders are off of. Its like Horton hears a Who, We are here We are here. Just because US gave up Aug 1931, Leaside didn't and same bodied cars and parts continued.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club