Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: W5 Valve Springs

Bill, unfortunately these valve springs are beyond any hope...Longest spring has a free length of 2 1/2", shortest spring is 2 1/4" with all points in between...I don't think that one or the other of these two springs are an oddball as they both have the same solid length when fully compressed (1.235").
Also looks like the springs have 8 coils each.

Where Are You From? Yuma,AZ / Leavenworth,WA

Hey Bill;
No lead on the valve springs but did order a set of intake valves from the guy on Ebay that has been selling a few. I inquired if he had any exhaust valves and he did not. My engine is at the machine ship North Of Cincinnati called Ron's Machine shop for a rebuild and won't be ready until July sometime I hope. Haven't seen any valve springs ever advertised. Internal parts for our engines are getting real hard to find. I hope the machine shop can re-use my pistons again as well as rings.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Mike,

JP Pistons in Australia can make you new pistons and rings, they made the pistons in my roadster and their prices are very good.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Model 619 and 1929 model 60 Roadster

Mike, The outfit selling Durant/Continental Valves on Ebay is American Vintage Parts....I spoke with them this morning and they have their valvs springs in another building and will let me know if they have the springs....I see that they still have 4 intake/exhaust valves for our A-22s on ebay as well as 6 intake valves for several of our 6 cylinder models.
On your engine rebuild don't forget that JPpistons in Australia will have in stock or make you a modern cam ground 3 ring piston assembly, which would include piston, pin, and rings in whatever standard or oversize you may want, The turn around time is good and their prices are not that bad.

Where Are You From? Yuma,AZ / Leavenworth,WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Thanks Bill & Rick;
The machine shop should let me know what they need in the next couple of months and I'll reach out to them.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

The Durant Motors Automobile Club