Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What Projects are you working on?

Rick, This may not be a Durant product, but I'm sure not everyone is tied down to just one type of collector car. I'm restoring a L-29 Cord brougham. I am currently taking a break from the Cord to finish my 1926 Star model M sedan. The Cord is an interesting project in that almost nothing is available for these cars. People either want a small fortune for parts ($900.00 for a cigarette lighter!) or they aren't willing to sell any parts. I have become quite proficient at manufacturing my own parts. I cast new door handles and window cranks from silicon bronze and nikel plate them myself. I also have fabricated a new gas tank cover made with 36 separate parts welded together. I have rebuilt all the individual pieces of the CV joints from the front drive from beat up junk. I'm done with starter, generator, water pump, wheel brake cylinders, brake shoes, carburetor, oil pump, gas tank, window risers, muffler, etc. etc. As I mentioned this can be very labor intensive, and very expensive, which is why I'm currently taking a break to finish my Star. As soon as I'm finished with the Star I'll be back for the final push on the Cord.

Curt

Where Are You From? Denver

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star m 4dr sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club