Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: National Meet In Grand Junction Update ?

I had a request for information regarding COVID around Grand Junction. I will answer that question along with other information that is pertinent to your travels.

COVID – right now and into the foreseeable future, there are no mask mandates in Grand Junction or the surrounding areas. School started a month ago and while there have been some cases of covid, no schools have been closed and in-person learning continues. We were one of the first places the Delta variant was found but it has not been a major problem. As I said above, there is no mask mandate, but when I go places some people are wearing masks. It is primarily older people who are taking precautions. Lisa and I do not wear masks while we are out. We have talked about it but so far haven’t felt that we needed to.

WEATHER – It looks like the weather will be sunny and in be upper 80’s during the day and upper 50’s at night (long range forecast is 86〫high and 57〫low). We have had smoke from the California fires that affects the views somewhat, but hopefully it will be clear while you are here. Overall I think we will have great weather.

TRAVEL – For those of you traveling from the west coast, I know of no major issues with roads. For those of you coming from the east, we had some issues on I-70 just east of Glenwood Springs (approximately 1 ½ hours from Grand Junction). Last year there were fires near I-70 leaving burn scars. About a month ago we had flash floods in the area causing mud and debris to cover and close I-70. I-70 is now open although there is one lane traffic for a short distance. If flash floods are predicted for the area the road can be closed. There is a detour but it adds nearly 4 hours to the trip. Looking at the weather right now it looks like I-70 should be open. We will have food and drink for you when you arrive on Tuesday.

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Star, two 26 Stars, 27 Star and two 29 Durants

Hi Tom.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Please don't forget to bring your masks.

Took a drive yesterday across the Colorado National Monument and stopped at the Visitor Center which we will visit on Saturday. All national facilities require masks, which I hadn't thought about when I made my last post.

Where Are You From? Grand Junction CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23, 26 & 27 Star, 29 663 & 666 Durant

Hi Tom.
Thanks for the update.

Where Are You From? Ellensburg, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

The Durant Motors Automobile Club