Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: bendix brakes

Hi William.

I relined the brakes on my 1930 614 2 years ago and ran into the same problem. It has the 2 shoe Steeldraulic brakes. I had new technology racing material riveted to the shoes by a company in California that specializes in racing applications.

In addition to the cam, there is also a second post on the backing plate. I found that I had to loosen the retaining nut on the back of the post to free up clearance. I was also careful to place the correct shoe in the proper orientation. It was a very close fit at best, but the improvement in braking with the high tech lining is impressive!

IMG-0210

upload pic

Where Are You From? WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, several

Re: bendix brakes

we have the older series of bendix brakes with three shoes, my question is how thick is the material did you have on your new riveted brakes>

we started with 3/16, but does not fit as discussed, i will look in back for an additional adjustment to give more room

thanks

bill durant

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 star roadster with a 1929, 6 cylinder engine

The Durant Motors Automobile Club