Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Teaser on facebook

Ross:
I would be much interested in learning more about these rings that you had made. I had thought of getting the rings for the Model A and reforming them, but I wasn.t sure if they would really do what I wanted. My brakes aren't too bad, but they do fade a lot when hot. Of course, I have driven that car now for over 50 years and have put on about 75000 miles, so the drums are getting thinner. I do have several sets of drums, but most of them are not too good, they were probably worn out when I saved them. I would really like to know what all you had to do to your drums to prepare them for the rings.
Happy year to you Ross. Our New year was much different, now that Mary Carolyne is no longer with us. But I guess we must carry on.

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Ltd, Leaside, Ontario

Ross, It looks like this '32 DeVaux that I am currently restoring has the same steeldraulic brakes, However I have wire wheels, I would imagine that the drum O.D.s are the same on either wood or wire...Thanks for digging into this, I was planning to put bands on my DeVaux and it looks like what you have done would be a good way to go...The lathe I have down here in AZ is a little on the small side but when I get back home in the spring I have a nice size lathe with a 12" four jaw chuck...Yes, I would appreciate any particulars that you have, It always saves a lot of head scratching...I am thinking that this would also be great information to have in our Technical page...Article? Thanks Ross! You the man.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Powdercoated drums with re-enforcing brake bands installed20210101-124557

Where Are You From? OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

from my machinist friend on Scan2-1making the brake bandsScan2-1="https://i.ibb.co/KcPXyzg/Scan2-1.jpg" alt="Scan2-1" border="0" />

Where Are You From? orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club