Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2020 Summer Newsletter Done: Coming Attractions

Shawn Thanks for the update..

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Shawn, the new Issue is fantastic! Great job, thank you.

Where Are You From? Brighton MI

Well by now a good number of you should have received your Summer Durant Partner with the new Art Deco 20's image and design as well as larger print etc. I received mine in the mail yesterday and I'm glad that Shawn and I could work on this together to put this out. We'll soon be starting to gather information and articles for the Fall issue. Yes as always, by the time you receive one issue the next one is being worked on. As I said in my President's Message, since we've not had the chance to have our usual shows and meets that usually produce lots of photographs and stories, we need material, articles on past trips, restoration techniques, stories on how you found your car or what adventures you've had with your car. Our next issue is one that will take us down memory lane. If you have any old photographs of past meets or shows from way back then send them to Shawn so we can include them in the issue. I have a number of them and will be sending them to him soon. Thanks Shawn for all you hard work and ramping up so quickly to get this issue out.

Mike

Where Are You From? OVIEDO, FLORIDA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Thank you for the kind words Brian, Mike, and Bob!

I want to note that Bob and I out West (Arizona and Southern California) haven't received our copies yet, but that's not so surprising as there are issues with the mail at this time. Hopefully that will clear up for the next issue.

We're so close to the deadline for material (September 15). The fall edition will be submitted on October 1, so we have very little time. If you have an article you'd like to submit, please let me know.

I'd especially love to have those articles on past trips and memory lane items. I think that given everyone's limited ability to travel at this time and all the meets cancelled, this would be a nice time to look back fondly at kinder, gentler times. Please don't delay in sending.

If you'd like to mail something the address is-

Shawn Humphrey
660 Bonita Ave 18D
Claremont, CA 91711

However, given the delays in the mail I strongly suggest you consider scanning or photographing with your phone your photos and emailing them to me. If you email an article, please send it in Word if you can.

editor@durantmotors.org

Best to you all.

Where Are You From? Originally Flint, MI; Now Claremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? No.

The Summer issue was mailed out August 17 from Ohio and I know I received mine about a week ago. The issues were mailed out with a tab to seal it, like our previous printer did and the address of the member was printed directly on the back of the magazine. Magazines going to those outside the United States was placed in an envelope and mailed to members that way so it may take longer for you to get them, including our Canadian members. Other than Bob and Shawn which I am aware of and will send them one from the extras I have tomorrow, anyone else not receive their issue yet. I would think that most would have received them in the 13/14 days since they were mailed. The printer has no control over the mailing system, but if there seems to be a pattern to a specific area, we can see what the problem is.

Mike

Where Are You From? OVIEDO, FLORIDA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike,

Haven't received my issue as of today at my Leavenworth, WA address....I see that all my other issues are being mailed directly to this address, I thought that perhaps my copy was mailed to Yuma and being forwarded to here but that doesn't seam to be the case.... USPS slow-down ?

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

I do feel like at this point it may be the USPS slowdown. Folks in the East have their copies, folks out West don't. That would make sense with the slowdown. I'm wondering if they might start showing up early this coming week.

Where Are You From? Flint, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Still looking for mine.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Still waiting in California. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll see mine.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Model 60 Roadster

No border crossing might be delaying ours, or its in quarantine 14 days :mask: for C-19, grin.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Hi guys:
Have not seen the magazine as yet. Most of our mail here in Canada is taking longer to arrive due to the COVID regulations.
Hope to see it soon
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built in Leaside, Ontario by Dominion Motors Limited

Received my copy today. I really like the cover!The only thing to make it better is for it to be thicker!To assist to that end I sent a story in to Shawn last week.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

I'm so glad you have your copy and that you liked it! Thanks so much, Don!

I've got your article and will read it today.

Best,
Shawn

Where Are You From? Flint

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

The Durant Motors Automobile Club