Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1930 Durant 617 Sedan with 15U Continental

Corey- I'd want $50.00 for the bumper(it needs rechroming) and I'll send you the hood clasp for the cost of one of those USPS envelopes. The big problem is the shipping costs on that heavy bumper. A couple of years ago I shipped a similar part to Georgia(it was lighter) and it was over $300.00. I think several cars used this style of bumper(Mopar?), so you might be on the lookout. Check out the bumper on Rosie Larson's beautiful 6-17 in the photograph section. That car was a no expense spared restoration(and I mean$$$$). Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

That's definitely a fair price Ross. I'm sure shipping is going to be a bear. I've been trying to get back into the restoration section of the site for months. Is it down? The links dont seem to load anymore.

Where Are You From? Argo, AL

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-17

The photograph section on the left side of this page is working for me. And that's about all I know about websites.

The restoration section is located under Projects. Go to Photographs > Projects
If the link doesn't work, right click and select open in a new window.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Two of them

Good morning all! Still tooling away on the 617. Do any of the veterans here know if the 617 has any interchange as far as cowl panels? The only rust I ran into was the passenger lower front cowl. Instead of tooling a new one I was hoping to speed the project up by just buying a patch panel from another maker if it interchanges. Anyone know? Also what interchange books are out there to recommend? Thanks!

Where Are You From? Alabama

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 617

Check out Chilton's Automotive Multiguide (spring 1931) for interchanges. These were reproduced in a large quanity several years ago are are easily available (usually about 10-20 bucks). The lower cowl sections will most often be rusted in all our cars where the wooden sill members are bolted/nailed. I had to remake these areas on my car and weld in sections. No interchanges with anything except other Durants, which doesn't help one bit.

Far as I know the 1930's have same bodies, 1931 / 32 have the chromed cowl band the 30 didn't. 617 is a sort of half and half Durant, chassis of the 29 but body of the 30.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club