Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet

The East Coast Chapter Spring Meet was planning to be held on the Eastern Shore of Maryland this April with trips planned for several of the local historic sites as well as some real good seafood eating around the area. Unfortunately our point man, on a recent trip the area has found the Corona Virus fear has spread to that area and many venues are uncertain at this time what will happen with closures. The Governor of Maryland has declared an Emergency in that state, putting certain limits on group meetings etc. making it difficult to book hotels, restaurants and other venues. Coupled with the most vulnerable age of many of our members for the possibility of harsher effects of the virus, at this time we are postponing the ECC Spring meet until we see how this plays out. As most of you know that have put one of these meets on, most hotels require advanced commitment, deposits etc and with the uncertainty of how long this will last it's becoming very tough to book and plan the function. Should things change and we be able to put a meet together somewhere, even if it's not in Maryland I will post it here. I'm sorry to disappoint members as I know many look forward to our get togethers but everyone's health is more important at this time.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet

I guess I missed the notice of this meet. I was planning on the Ogden meet but it may be canceled also.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Re: DMAC East Coast Chapter Spring Meet

Hey Don
We hadn't really announced this meet before cancelling it. Lew Mendenhall was working on the specifics for the Eastern Shore of Maryland and we were going to announce it and schedule it for May sometime.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club