Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1930 Durant

I thought this car was a good restoration candidate because of how complete/straight it looks. Maybe $3000.00? We are at a point(probably have been for several years) where it makes no financial sense to expect any financial return on our cars. Unless you are like member Bill Hoaglan and can do everything yourself, you are into a money pit. I have a classic mini with RHD and you can deal with driving around just fine. But with a slow sedan with blind corners on the back you'll probably need a rear view camera! Looks like you could at least sell the 1985 Subaru front seats this comes with to get back some of your money? Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Well Ross it seems by your response that you hold no real value in this car. I was under the impression that this group was about preserving these Durants, but I guess no matter where you go on the internet you always seem to find the guy that holds more value in the $20 bucket seats than the 90 year old antique.

Thanks for your "response".

Where Are You From? Texas

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Well, I think our cars have some value, but the market has spoken, and you would have to look far and wide to find a Durant that would crack the 30k barrier, restored to perfection. Who can explain VW 23 window buses going for over $100,000.00? Have they ever driven one? To make money you need to find the 'flavor of the month' and the right buyers. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

OK everyone, the club cannot let this car get away!!

I just called Justin and we had a good chat on this rare car.

Thanks, Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Only good memories

As I told Gary, my intention for the car is to get it in the hands of someone that will preserve it for what it is. I realize that it's a rare car, possibly the only one here in the states. However I'm not trying to get rich off of it.

I came here with it first to give somebody the opportunity to save it from being hot rodded, and it may be the last chance. A rod guy like myself would probably pay more than a restorer honestly. Meaning an auction would probably put the purist out. My number on it is $4500.

If you have any interest you can call me at (817)500-1799 or email 513classiccars@gmail.com

Where Are You From? Texas

FYI: This car is still available. Hopefully it will end up in the right hands.

Dave

Where Are You From? Iowa

The Durant Motors Automobile Club