Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1931 (wood wheel) DeVaux.!!

Hi Ross:
You know I had to get back to your entry. I don't think I said "rarest of the rare" but in a way it is....to me. (ha). Ever since I got a copy of the DeVaux Registry from Mike Larsen (33 years ago and got hooked on the DeVaux, I have only seen two with the notation "Wood wheels". When a new owner bought his car a upgrade to wire wheels was only $2.50. (Got this from Howard Reinke.)
This car in Canada seems to a "plain Jane" right off the floor.
I would just like it to be in the Club. I do have a club member interested in it. I just contacted the shipper in Toronto, and they do all the paperwork to bring it down. It was easy when I brought the 33.
I do need someone to go look at it. I am not sure he has pictures of what condition it is now. I could hire someone....we will see.

Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? Only good memories

Re: 1931 (wood wheel) DeVaux.!!

Hi Gary:
That wood Wheel Devaux that you are referring to was owned by Willis (Porky_) Schneider of Kitchener. He was the second owner of that vehicle and he knew it for a long time before he purchased it in the late 40's .
He brought it to our Durant meet when we had it in Fremont, Nebraska. That year we had 7 DeVaux's on tour. He trailered it to Nebraska, and I drove my Frontenac. That was a great meet.
That DeVaux has never been restored, just kept up over the years. The last few years, Porky drove it on 5 cylenders and it seemed to run OK. I don't believe that the chap who bought it at Porky's sale has ever driven it. I tried to get him to come out to some of our Durant meets but he never responded.
I do hope someone in the club purchases the car. Any idea what he is asking for it?

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac built by Dominion Motors Limited, Leaside, On tario

The Durant Motors Automobile Club