Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Star Woody Mail Truck For Sale AACA Forum

Saw this interesting Star on the AACA Forum.
Interesting vehicle.
Frank

Randy Spence

Posted Monday at 08:04 PM (edited)

This is a 1926 Star. M body style . It is looking for a collector of rare cars. This is a one of a kind. Comes with all the history of the car. It was ordered as a mail carrier vehicle . It runs is drive able. It is located in central Iowa. It’s my dads . It was published in a ?? Old Car Magazine with all the history in the publication. Serious buyers only. $25,000 Call my Dad at 515-321-0133 that is his cell.

Where Are You From? Hookstown PA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Re: Star Woody Mail Truck For Sale AACA Forum

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/335338-1926-star/

Have it in Steve's Registry owned by Harry. Its a 1927 model year M by its vin L 388718

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

This is the same one featured in the Partner some time ago, just after restoration and it's been for sale in the Partner for some time. I think the price is the hold out for many. Very interesting history, some time ago I was in the U.S. National Postal Museum in Washington D.C. one of the exhibits has a Ford postal truck but on another exhibit a plaque in front of the Postal transportation exhibit has an article that the U.S. Post Office but a fleet of Star postal trucks for their rural delivery. The picture was exactly like this one but interesting about the U.S. Government buying Star trucks for their service.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

If that is a quality, properly done restoration I think the price is very reasonable.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, TX

Do You own a car built by Durant? Several

Buy it off the AACA ad instead of here(it's $5000.00 cheaper)The body looks neat- the engine compartment not so much.

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club