Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tail light

Just wondering. Years ago while looking for a tail light for my 26' Star sedan, I was told that it used the same tail light as Cheverolet, which I managed to round up along with several glass lenses. Later saw the same tail light in an ad for embossed Star 6 lenses. Did they ever make lenses for this tail light that were embossed Star 4? This tail light is an oval with flat sides. The lower portion of the lense is round and the upper part is creasent shaped.

Where Are You From? colorado

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star m sedan

Re: tail light

Yes similar to the Chevrolet taillight. Also used on 1926-27 Oldsmobiles. They did have differences over the years such as the license lens is narrower on the early ones. Actually there are three different widths to the license lens. I have only ever seen the Star 6 lens and they are correct celluloid material so be careful not to use too high a power bulb. Never saw a 4 version. Some 28 Durants use same style of light as well.

Where Are You From? Oshawa, Ontario

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not yet!

Karim has the Star 6 one on eBay presently. 183980500920
The aftermarkets indicate but no pic's of the lights / lens
23967 Tail Lamp Lense with Star monogram for Models L, M, X, X2, 401 50 cents.
23764 Stop and Tail Lamp Lens for Model R 50 cents

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Dominion built 614 Sedan

The early star 4 cyl cars came with a simple 3” round red concentric glass lens. So you will never find a oval celuloid star 4 lens.
Perhaps over the years owners purchased a replacement chevy style tail lights from one of billy durant parts sales,
(Orphan cars shared parts of other cars)

Our star 4 also came with an add on “curved STOP topper” that was clamped on top of the concentric housing.
Hope you find something you like, happy hunting!
~Carol

Where Are You From? Vt

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a few

Hello,

When I purchased my car it had cheap tail lights that look like trailer lights from Harbor Freight.

Can you send me a pic so I can search for something that looks appropriate.

Thanks

JOHN 303.975.9931

Where Are You From? Denver

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 A22 Sport version

The Durant Motors Automobile Club